40th Birthday Flowers
40th birthdays are a big reason to celebrate—so many memories to cherish, and so many left to create! FTD can help you make a 40th birthday even sweeter.
Blooming by Birth Month
As thoughtful as they are beautiful, carnations make for the perfect birthday gift. Send a bouquet for delivery on their big day.SHOP CARNATIONS
How can I make a 40th burthday special?Forty is a huge milestone for a lot of people. To some, it is the beginning of middle age, and the start of a new chapter of adult life. You can help make a 40th birthday special with a stunning 40th birthday bouquet from FTD, delivered straight to the recipient’s door! We also carry a wide variety of delicious chocolate treats, warm and wholesome cookies, savory, snackable charcuterie and cheese, as well as plush and snuggly teddy bears to pair with your 40th birthday flowers delivery.
What color flowers should I send for a 40th birthday?There’s no official flower or color of flower for a 40th birthday, but that just means you have tons of options and you can get creative! Some of our favorite 40th birthday bouquets include:
- The Truly Stunning bouquet, which comes with pink, purple, and red flowers to show your passion
- Our signature Long Stem Pink Rose Bouquet, for a fun and flirty option
- The Best Day bouquet, which comes with a customizable card, and showcases many eye-popping colors like yellow, orange, and red (this bouquet is also available with a card and chocolates, for an extra special 40th birthday gift!)
- 40th birthday plants, for a beautiful option that your recipient can use to add color to their decor
What should I write in a 40th birthday card?Your friend or loved one’s 40th birthday is a time to reflect, feel grateful for all life has offered, and look forward to the future. Your card should include a message that helps them with that. Need inspiration? Choose from one of our favorite birthday card messages, such as:
- A birthday greeting
- A note telling them how important they are and have been in your life
- A story of a memory the two of you share
- Words that help them look happily toward the future